We should be eating 20 to 35 grams of fiber per day but most of us eat much less than that. High fiber foods are essential to health of our bodies because they help us to expand the interior walls of the colon to ease and speed up the passage of waste.
Fiber has innumerable health benefits. Fiber is good for your heart, your colon, aids in weight-loss and is an essential part of a good health and weight-loss program. Here are 8 reasons to add fiber to your diet.
1. Fiber aids in weight-loss. Fiber helps to keep our bowel movements regular by moving everything along in our digestive track. When you eliminate more than you consume the result is that you lose weight.
2. Fiber is good for your heart. A Harvard School of Public Health study found that between the ages of 40 to 75 who ate the most whole grains cut their risk of heart disease by 20 percent over a period of 14 years.
3. Soluble fiber lowers cholesterol. Reduce your risk of heart disease by eating these soluble fiber-rich foods: beans, peas, oats, and barley.
4. Fiber protects against colon cancer. And by replacing red meat with pasta, rice and grains you reduce your risk of other cancers.
5. Fiber helps prevent diabetes. The fiber in fruit and vegetables slows sugar absorption and does not raise your blood sugar as much as other carbohydrate rich foods.
6. Eating fiber reduces the total amount of calories we consume in a day. Our bodies do not use energy, or calories, from fiber and makes us feel fuller faster. High-fiber foods take longer to eat and the longer you chew, the less you eat.
7. Fiber prevents constipation. Fiber is a natural laxative and it reduces your fecal matter transit time in half which prevents constipation and aids in weight-loss.
8. Fiber has no calories! That's right: Zero calories. Our bodies lack the enzyme necessary to absorb calories from fiber. So eat as much fiber as you can for optimal health and speedy weight-loss!
FREE Weight-Loss E-Course: 7 lessons in 7 days including:
Why 95 % of diets fail
What to eat to lose weight
Celebrity weight-loss secrets
Why it's not your fault you are fat!
The secrets diet companies don't want you to know!
And so much more!
Learn More Weight-Loss and Beauty Secrets:
Amazing Benefits of Acai: As seen on Oprah, the acai berry might be the weight-loss secret you have bee searching for! Visit The Skinny On Acai Blog to find how to get two free bottles of acai! Green Tea For Weight-Loss: Visit The Skinny on Tea Blog to learn the benefits of green tea including weight-loss, increased energy a youthful appearance and so much more!